The Pacific Islands Climate Change Cooperative Administrative Assistant position is supported by the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
The Pacific Island Climate Change Cooperative (PICCC) is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant to join our small but dynamic team in Honolulu, Hawai’i. This is a part-time temporary position (19 hrs./week) supported by UH Mānoa’s Pacific Biosciences Research Center – Center for Conservation Research and Training. We are seeking self-directed individuals experienced in procurement, budget preparation, financial accounting, travel coordination, and meeting/events planning, among other qualifications.
The PICCC Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Serving as the PICCC administrative liaison and first point of contact with faculty, staff, PICCC Steering Committee, administrators and external organizations; including gathering and presenting information, responding to inquiries, requests as needed.
- Procurement (i.e. purchases, RFQ/P, payments and travel, etc.), personnel (i.e. time tracking of all staff members, recruitment, etc.), monitoring interns/volunteers and program support.
- Ensuring all goods/services are purchased in compliance with Federal, State and University guidelines and procedures.
- Assisting with budget preparation/management, financial accounting, contract administration, travel and personnel administration in coordination with the CCRT, RCUH, FWS financial reporting.
- Preparing of summaries of cost expenditures and invoices for federal, state and private groups in compliance with their invoicing requirements and deadlines.
- Overall management & support of daily operations of PICCC; incl. maintaining an effective internal filing system, responding to correspondence/inquiries, assisting w/proposals, financial info & other projects as assigned.
- Inventory and procurement of equipment and supplies and ensures compliance with applicable inventory and procurement policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Internal office IT administration, including ensuring PICCC system network backups occurred, working with PICCC IT support personnel, and supporting PICCC staff.
- Coordinating all travel and appointment logistics for PICCC staff including preparation of travel notebooks, presentation materials, scheduling, and other arrangements.
- Assisting with a variety of reports/correspondence (i.e. proposals, sponsor reports, letters/memorandums, calendars, timesheets, etc.).
- Providing administrative support for all events, workshops, and policy briefings, including logistics, which may require working outside of normal work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Preparing and presenting instruction material for training purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information about the position please contact Deanna Spooner, PICCC Coordinator, at 808-687-6175 or email@example.com.To view the full job description, visit the HireNet Hawaii website (www.hirenethawaii.com) and type “PICCC” in the box that says “Enter Keyword”.
To apply, please submit a cover letter addressed to Dr. Kenneth Kaneshiro, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references by fax to 808-956-2647 by Friday 06/17/2016 (5:00 PM HST).