Are you an experienced communicator who is passionate about conservation in Hawai‘i and the Pacific Islands? Are you skilled at conveying complex issues like climate change? Do you enjoy working with partners to tell a compelling story about collaboration? Then this job is for you!
The Pacific Islands Climate Change Cooperative (PICCC) is seeking an individual experienced in communications and outreach to join our dynamic team in Honolulu, Hawai’i. This is a full time position supported by UH Mānoa Pacific Biosciences Research Center – Center for Conservation Research and Training.
The PICCC (http://piccc.net/) is a partnership organization that assists Pacific Island natural and cultural resource managers adapt to climate change. Part of an international network of Cooperatives (http://lccnetwork.org/), the PICCC team engages with local, regional, national, and international organizations in developing knowledge, strategies, and tools at the forefront of biocultural climate change adaptation.
This is a full time position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Questions about the PICCC? Please call our office at +1-808-687-6175 to speak with Deanna Spooner (Coordinator) or Jeff Burgett (Science Coordinator).
- Please go to www.rcuh.com
- On the upper menu bar, click on “Employment” and select “Apply” from the drop-down menu
- Once you’ve navigated to the “Apply” page, click on “See Job Announcements and/or Apply for a Job”
- In the “Job Opening ID” field enter “16480” and click on the search button
- The search result will read “Pub Rel & Sci Comm Splst-Oahu”
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the application instructions
The job announcement also is posted on Hire Net Hawaii (https://www.hirenethawaii.com/vosnet/Default.aspx). To view the posting enter keyword “16480” and select radius “Statewide” then click “Search” to view link.
CLOSING DATE: September 29, 2016.